Performance work

----------------------------------------------------------------



'Please Record a List of People Who You Miss'


I stood by a telephone box in Camberwell, South East London.
I asked passers by to go into the phone box, press record on a Dictaphone and record a list of people who they miss.
Originally recorded as part of Camberwell Live Art Festival and exhibited in Istanbul as part of Turkeys first Sound Art festival, ctrl_alt_del 2007-2008.




----------------------------------------------------------------




'Moving Water Two Paces Upstream'







Graft comissioned this site specific project, which was exhibited as part of the Sensetive Skin festival, Bonington Gallery, Nottingham, 2007.
On April 2nd 2007 in invited this passer by to move 100 cups of water, two paces back upstream.
I paid Vijay £1.00p for each cup that he moved.







----------------------------------------------------------------


'Carfax Tower'




This photograph shows Carfax tower, it was taken in Oxford city centre.
I visited oxford as a way of getting my audience member to compare his life as child, growing up in Oxford, to his life now; here in Nottingham.
I acquired this information about his life secretly and asked him to meet me in the old market square, Nottingham (the equivalent meeting place to Carfax tower, shown in the picture).
I gave him an envelope, all that was inside was the picture shown above.
Taken on whistle stop trip to oxford.
Just for him.













----------------------------------------------------------------


'Sophy Peacock'



I wrote this book for my sister.
It tracks the process taken in trying to create an artwork that she would be part of… that would be part of her.

I chose my sister because I knew that she would be painfully honest.
After only a few meetings she was bored and I was left to make a piece of work 'for her'.















----------------------------------------------------------------




'Adult Pleasure Events List'

Please follow the list of instructions (normally, I would meet you to talk you through this process):

• I want you to write a list of your top seven pleasures.
Things that you do to cheer you up, if ever you feel down.
Small or large.
This is your list of pleasures.
Your ‘Adult Pleasure Events List’


• Nobody will ever see your list… so please, write freely.


• Now that you have complied your list, I ask you to apply each pleasure to a day over the next seven days.


• You should do the thing allocated for each day, on that day.





----------------------------------------------------------------



'This One's for You'



The above photograph shows the room where I sat for three days.
Six books were made over the course of the three days (written by the audience… produced by myself).
One of those books is included along with this portfolio (entitled; “This one’s for you.”).

The other things that I asked people to write about (in the five books not included) were: lists of the things which people disliked about their lives, a list of their top seven pleasures, descriptions of their neighbours, descriptions of their everyday lives and their current list of things that they need to do.
When each person produced a piece of writing (a list or a description) they were given a completed book in exchange.

It was in this way that I started with one book and through a process of exchange I ended up with six.





----------------------------------------------------------------



'Tolney Lane'




These images are from the short time that I spent interviewing Vicky, a traveller who lives on one of the largest traveller sites in Europe. I also produced a short film which Vicky used at confrences for representing the community and their issues.

Projects: